About Lions Memorial Field
|In 1945, the city acquired 8 acres of land located along Buena Vista and Alta Vista Avenues for $1500. The land was purchased for use as a park and designated as a living memorial to those who lost their lives serving in the armed forces.
In October of 1950, the North Augusta Lions Club leased the property from the city for a nominal $1.00 annual fee. The club then improved the land and operated Lions Memorial Field for 29 years. During that time, Lions Field hosted North Augusta High School and Recreation League football teams and numerous area sporting competitions. In 1979 the property reverted back to the city for its continued recreational use.
Amenities at Lions Memorial Field
In the fall of 2000, extensive renovations to Lions Field were completed. Improvements include a new concessions pavilion, new restrooms, new grandstands with seating for 2,000, a new scoreboard, paved and lighted parking, a playground area, practice fields, sidewalks, landscaping and a decorative permieter wall.
Reserve Lions Memorial Field
Lions Memorial Field may be reserved for use by private individuals, community and non-profit organizations and corporations for special events, shows and, of course, sporting venues.
For more information about reserving Lions Field for your next function, please call Rick Meyer, Superintendent of Parks, Recreation and Leisure Services, at 803.441.4301
Lions Field is located at:
619 West Buena Vista Ave, North Augusta, SC 29841