MissionTo provide North Augusta residents, businesses and industries, non-profit organizations, and local governments the education and support necessary to reduce the loss of life and human suffering; to minimize property damage; and to protect environmentally sensitive areas from all types of disasters through a comprehensive, risk-based, all-hazard emergency management program.
What Emergency Management DoesNorth Augusta Emergency Management provides communication and coordination of emergency services before and after a disaster. Emergency Management is also responsible for a number of contingency and preparedness plans, and provides education on how to prepare for and reduce the effects of disasters.
- Coordinates emergency operations
- Writes and updates the City's Emergency Management Plan
- Coordinates shelter locations and staffing
- Coordinates and plans with the State Division of Emergency Management and other local emergency management agencies and organizations
- Coordinates and provides training and practice exercises and drills