Animal Control Updates
The City of North Augusta hosted a public meeting on Tuesday, August 13 to discuss recommendations for improving animal control services. Dozens of residents met with North Augusta elected officials, City Administrators and Public Safety Officers to provide input on how services can be enhanced and improved. Among the many items discussed, residents and City officials were in favor of forming a Working Coalition comprised of community members and city staff. With City leadership, the Working Coalition will convene to address animal control needs in the community and plan for implementing the recommendations of Dr. Sara Pizano regarding improving animal welfare in North Augusta in her June 2019 assessment report. Additional information about Working Coalition meetings will be posted as they are set.
Interested in being involved or staying informed?
- Sign up to join the Working Coalition
- Register to receive email and calendar updates regarding Animal Control
- Bookmark the City's Animal Control webpage: www.northaugusta.net/animalcontrol
- Contact Animal Control Officer Mike Strauss regarding local Animal Control issues via email or phone: 803-441-4298
- Download the June 2019 assessment report
- Review an animal welfare best practices PowerPoint presentation by Dr. Sara Pizano of Team Shelter USA