If the crime is occurring now or you have an emergency, call 911 immediately.
Report Criminal or Suspicious Activity to North Augusta Public Safety
- Call 911 in an emergency.
- Call 803-279-2122 for non-emergencies.
- Report suspicious activity by Email.
- Report criminal activity to Crime Stoppers.
See Something, Say Something
If You See Something, Say Something is a national anti-terrorism awareness campaign emphasizing the importance of reporting suspicious activity to law enforcement. Success relies on everyone's joint vigilance to protect North Augusta from terrorism by working with each other to prevent attacks. More »
North Augusta is a safe community and always should be.
If you see something suspicious, call 911 immediately. This could include:
- Attempting to break into a restricted area.
- Using fake IDs and documents.
- Stealing uniforms, official vehicles, badges and IDs.
- Vandalism of critical infrastructure, key resources, churches, schools, government buildings, water treatment facilities, etc.
- Cyber attacks.
- Threats -- expressed or implied.
- Unusual or dangerous activity from a plane, helicopter or drone.
Alert law enforcement if you notice suspicious activity like:
- Surveillance, monitoring or recording of activities.
- Someone trying to get information about daily operations, security, alarms, access control, HVAC systems, water supply, etc.
- Testing security measures or trying to measure public safety response times to critical infrastructure or key resources, maybe by raising false alarms.
- Buying or stealing explosives, weapons, ammunition, uniforms, passes or badges.
- A suspicious person who seems out of place.
- Rehearsal activities like putting people and resources in position and practicing assaults or attacks.
- Moving people and resources into place to commit a violent act.
- Suspicious transactions involving large cash payments, deposits or withdrawals.
When reporting suspicious activity, it is helpful to give the most accurate description possible, including:
- A brief description of the activity.
- Date, time and location of the activity.
- Physical identifiers of anyone you observed.
- Descriptions of vehicle(s).
- Information about where people involved in suspicious activities may have gone.
- Your name and contact information (optional).