The City of North Augusta provides parking for visitors and residents on-street, in parking garages and surface lots. Parking standards are established by the city's code of ordinances (Chapter 22 - Traffic and Vehicles) and monitored and enforced by the Public Safety Department.
Public parking throughout the city is mostly FREE, and includes:
- All city buildings
- All city parks
- One city-owned parking garage (Medac Parking Garage on Center Street)
- On-street parking, EXCEPT in Riverside Village / SRP Park
Browse the tabs below for more information regarding where and how to park in specific parts of the City.
The Riverside Village area is the only location in the City that has some paid parking requirements. Below is a list of parking options, any associated restrictions and fees. Paid parking signage is posted at the entrance of Riverside Village at Railroad Street (both ends), Center Street and Front Street. Payment is accepted at 21 meters posted throughout the area.
Short term parking available on street. Pay with coin or card at meter or via Park Smarter app:
- 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – no parking restrictions
- 2:00 – 10:00 p.m. – payment required: $1 per hour, 2 hour max
- 12:00 a.m. – 7:00 a.m. – no street parking allowed
Short and long term parking available in hotel parking garage. Pay at gate with card:
- First two hours – FREE
- Third hour – $3
- Fourth hour and beyond – $1 per hour
- $10 max per day
Parking Lots: Surface parking lots are privately owned, marked and towing is enforced.
- North Augusta Public Safety Department patrol and enforce all city ordinances and laws in Riverside Village, including paid parking enforcement through parking citations.
- Towing companies enforce private parking in surface lots per the property owner's discretion.